Justine and I are both published by Penguin imprint Destiny Romance. Justine's debut novel, The Secret Prince, is out and available at all good e-book stores NOW. You can also find Justine’s blog here.
So, here we go!
1. What is the name of your character? Celeste Pretty, though she used to get called Not-So-Pretty at high school (before she blossomed into a swan!)
2. Is she fictional or a historic person? Very fictional!
3. When and where is the story set? In the poshy, fictional Adelaide suburb of Astonvale in the present day.
4. What should we know about her? Celeste’s a total neat-freak, so her new business being a professional organiser – de-cluttering people’s homes and workplaces for a living – suits her to a tee. Her secret shame is her dad is a hoarder, still grieving over the loss of Celeste’s mum who died from ovarian cancer several years ago. Also, Celeste never quite feels like she fits in at Astonvale as she went to a public school and money was tight growing up being raised mostly by a single parent.
5. What is the personal goal of the character? To succeed in her new professional organising business and show people like her old nemesis, Imogen Karmel, that she can do well in spite of her less well-heeled background!
6. What is the main conflict? What messes up her life? Celeste's first client, health and fitness guru Natalia Samphire, doesn’t appear to be all that she seems. And a hunky builder called Lenny Muscat, renovating Natalia’s place, is also muddling Celeste’s usually organised brain.
7. Is there a working title for this novel? The first novel is called A Pretty Mess and the following two are Pretty Shore (set in “The Hamptons of South Australia” – Robe) and Pretty Famous, based at a prestigious high school Celeste’s working at. All are out in ebook with HarperCollins Australia.
8. When can we expect the book to be published or when was it published? A Pretty Mess is already out and Pretty Shore will be available on December 1, and Pretty Famous, February 1 next year. More here.
Thanks for including me in the blog-hop, Justine!